HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!
July 4th is a great time for celebration, but it also a time where serious injuries can occur. Below are 10 easy steps to staying safe around fireworks!
- Do not let children play with or ignite fireworks.
- Have an adult supervise fireworks activities.
- Sparklers burn at approximately 2,000 degrees – supervise their use.
- Do not place any body part over the fireworks when lighting the fuse.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a hose nearby in case of fire or other accident.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water.